11 Jan 2012

Supporting new entrepreneurs every step of the way

Susan Cooper launched her own business, Accutrainee, in September 2011 offering law firms an innovative solution to efficient resource management of their trainee solicitor needs. She feels Cass and the Centre for Entrepreneurship really helped her take a huge personal and professional leap of faith.

One of the last electives I chose on my Executive MBA programme was the ‘New Venture Creation Elective’, through the Peter Cullum Centre for Entrepreneurship. I can’t really overstate how much this helped me achieve what I’d always wanted to do – set up my own successful business. 

Firstly, it brought together everything I’d learned during the two-year MBA programme, and helped me make sense of all the things I’d need to consider when setting up Accutrainee – like funding, a tight business plan, attracting the right people to join us, and getting the marketing just right.

Secondly, it was an invaluable introduction to an incredible support network of other entrepreneurs with experience of setting up successful businesses. People from different sectors and industries, all willing to share their knowledge and help put what I’d learned into a real-world context. Knowing I could call on them for advice was invaluable, and I’ve established a vital network of business contacts and friends as a result.

The MBA, and in particular the New Venture Creation Elective, also got me in touch with Nick Badman, Chair of the Peter Cullum Centre for Entrepreneurship, and Jane Reoch, Investment Manager for the Cass Entrepreneurship Fund which recently invested in Accutrainee. Both Nick and Jane have been incredibly supportive throughout, making the whole experience a lot less daunting than it otherwise would have been.
The whole Cass experience has been instrumental in giving me the support, knowledge and confidence to take a huge personal and professional step forward. I can’t recommend it highly enough for anyone looking to set up their own business.

For more information on Accutrainee, visit www.accutrainee.com

No comments:

Post a Comment